bunny.net is where individual imaginations gather together to solve next-generation internet challenges. Join a team of experts and, together, help shape the future of the internet. Here, you'll do more than join something — you'll add something.
We're not just saying that, but our culture really hops. We have established values that enable our fluffle to grow stronger with each new team member who joins us: Relentless Innovation. Integrity. Impact. Kindness. Diversity. Transparency & open communication. We also believe "good" is not good enough, and we continue striving to keep pushing things to the next level by learning and improving every single day. Oh, and did we mention that all our positions are 100% remote with a flexible working schedule? There's no need to relocate if you would like to join us, and you can carve out your own work schedule as well!
System Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented low-level Software Engineer to help our bunny.net backend team.
You will directly contribute to the engineering of our globally distributed, high-performing bunny.net platform, ensuring exceptional service and value for our customers.
What will you do?
- Development of the backend & API systems.
- Optimization of existing components.
- Development of complex systems. (Edge Compute, Edge Storage, DNS Server, Streaming platform, WAF, etc.)
- Planning and implementation of new systems.
- Opportunity to work with solutions in other platforms.
What will you add?
- Deep knowledge of one of the following languages: C++/Rust/Golang or C# with system-level development experience.
- Solid expertise in Linux as a development environment.
- Experience in network-level development, including the use of protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, and DNS.
- Strong memory management expertise, including knowledge of dynamic memory allocation, garbage collection, and memory optimization techniques.
- Proficiency in multi threading, disk operations, including file I/O, data storage, and backup strategies.
- Familiarity with Nginx.
- Enthusiasm for developing applications where performance is critical.
- Independence and excellent communication skills to join a geographically distributed team.
- Creativity at problem-solving.
What is in it for you?
At bunny.net, we invest in you. We want to provide significant benefits while also helping you maintain a healthy work & personal life.
A competitive salary. You can expect above-average industry salaries.
100% flexible working hours. Work from anywhere, at your own schedule.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance covers you all over the world.
Paid Time Off. Love visiting the seaside? No problem - us, too. We offer 25 days of paid vacation (plus your local public holidays on top).
Parental Leave. Bonding with the little ones is super important, so we offer parental leave and flexible scheduling to ease your way into parenthood.
Home Office Budget. We believe everyone is more efficient working in a comfortable office, and we're happy to help.
Paid Sick Leave. Feeling ill? Take time off and get back to 100% without worrying about your finances.
Mental Health Support. Feeling down? We've got your back. bunny.net provides mental health resources and help via our external partner.
Educational Budget. Dedicated yearly learning and educational budget for books, seminars, and online courses.
We're ready if you are!